Introduction: Dragana Đorđević
I am Dragana. I am 45 and I graduated from The Faculty of Philosophy in Novi Sad, Serbia, Department of English Language and Culture, on June 20th,2000 and I worked as an English language teacher in Sremska Kamenica Police High School until 2008 when I moved to Kruševac and from then on I have been working as a police analyst in Police Directorate of Kruševac.
I have wealth of experiance as a translator from Serbian to English language and from English to Serbian language as well as a teacher of English language to Serbian children and adults and I think that I would be a great asset to your company and that it will also give me the further experience of a team leader.
I have successfully completed OSCE Trainer Development Course / Mentoring Phase in 2008 and have demonstrated trainer competence in accordance with OSCE standarrds as well as I have successfully completed The Specialized Course on Written and Legal Translation in The Master Translation Agency in Belgrade in 2015 and passed TEFL Certificate of Completion.
As I work as a police analyst full time Monday to Friday, from 7.30 to 15.30 CET, I would need a suitable working schedule for the e-classes for your Company.
So far, I`ve been a classroom-based teacher. Online teaching is a dare for me.
Also, in my opinion:
Teaching is more than a job, it’s a part of a teacher`s person, and it could be fun:
• through fun worksheets, fun teaching games ,
• through the fact that you get to learn new skills all the time,
• There are lots of people to meet and relationships to develop and I love developing positive relationships,
• You get to be a role model, influencing students for the good. You can help your students explore the world around them and open their eyes,
• It’s awesome when students keep in touch, so you get to see how they’re using the skills they have learned from you,
• It gives you the chance to be creative, to try new ideas,
• It is learner-centered,
• It offers you a chance to continuously get better,
• You can teach to inspire the students,
• It offers flexibility for both student and a teacher who can choose a mutually convenient time to meet online while not having to learn their homes,
• Through promoting life-long learning, self-discipline and connecting all to the global village.
While teaching, I try to spark each student imagination, to find a hook in their heart and mind so that they feel a need to learn the material and I try to show them I do care about them personally as I am aware that as a teacher I am making a difference in their lives every day. They may forget what the teacher said but they will not forget how the teacher made them that day. I try to teach to inspire .I am married and have a nine year old son, enjoy travelling, reading and meeting new people.